Adding segments to your podcast may not be necessary. Many podcasts (such as the Joe Rogan Experience) are one continuous conversation. However, you may want to consider adding segments if:
- Your stats indicate listener drop-off at a certain point in your episodes.
- You have a show that covers several unrelated topics, or you tend to switch gears often.
- You feel the need to break up heavy blocks of content.
- You want to make your podcast more interactive and dynamic.
Some unique podcast segment ideas include:
- Question and answer segments with your audience
- Affiliate or sponsor interview
- Personal recommendations: another podcast or something you are enjoying currently
- Featured quote which may speak to your audience (considering global affairs to be topical)
- Sneak peak at your premium content (if you haven’t already checked out our Apple Podcast Subscriptions blog: make sure you do!)
- Developments in your field
- Audience comments, tweets or reviews. Take hold of any opportunity to engage with your audience.
To start designing your podcast segment, book in for your free consultation call with Ocean Audio’s podcast production team.
Ocean Audio Productions